A small mix of Natural Virgin Wool Batting. This includes 9 different sorts.
You will get approx. 5 g (0.18 oz) of each stored in a handy 100% post-consumer and post-industrial recycled, fully recyclable and biodegradable cardboard box.
We also offer this same set with larger amounts here.
The raw wool is carded into fleece batts. The fibers are loosened up and mostly parallel. Batting has shorter fiber than top.
Total of approx. 1.6 oz in the following wool types:
- 1A New Zealand - White (middle fine, 27 mic, great for felting)
- Shetland - white (medium fine, 27 mic, silky, great for felting)
- Gotland Iceland - grey (rough, 31 mic, mottled grey, great for felting)
- Gotland Lamb - light grey (medium fine, 27 mic, great for felting)
- Portuguese Merino - chestnut brown (fine, 22 mic, great for felting)
- Country Sheep - Medium Brown (medium Fine, 25 mic, medium brown mottled, this wool is especially suitable for felting)
- Russian - Camelhair (rough, 34 mic, great for felting)
- Mongolian - Brown Black (rough, 34 mic, great for felting)
- Stone Sheep - Grey (rough, 31 mic, great for felting)
I love the fiber. There is a nice variety. I got this fiber variety because I wanted to see how different fibers spin up. The only negative to this is that there isn't any labeling of the fibers. They do list the fibers included on the website, but not in a way that lets me know which fiber is which. I would have like a sheet of paper showing what each fiber is, kind of like a box of chocolates.
I have been searching for shorter batting to use for 2D needle felting. This batch has longer strands that are harder to felt with. I know it’s just a matter of trying different brands and sources. I will still be able to use these for other projects.
I'm so excited to use these! They arrived quickly and packaged beautifully. They are so soft and luxurious.
Looks lovely :blush: has arrived and can’t wait to felt with it thank you x
Thank you Tracey! Let me know if you have any questions once you start. :)